Sunday, September 13, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
- Sean's car was stolen the day after Toni's funeral and later recovered missing everything he owned from inside - including his rubbish
- He had his first accident in Sarah's grandfather's car which he was given when his was taken - and has now 2 months later received an invoice for $13,000.
- Bec skated in the State Championships - silver for figures and precision
- Bec skated in the Australian team at the Oceania championships and her team won gold and has now retired from the team
- She is studying hard for VCE exams and only training 3 days a week now.
- Emily made a decision to try to return to the high school that let her down so badly. It has not been successful yet - but she is now going to a psychologist to help with her anxiety disorder.
- She won an award from her school for attendance - a Pet's Paradise voucher - so now Ziva and Abi have a lovely new wheel to run around in.
- John has been working non stop and emptying his mother's house - a huge stressful job - at the same time. He coped well until the night we finished and it really hit him that he no longer has his parents. His sister as usual did almost nothing except complain.
- I have been working and spent my 2 week break fighting off a lung infection. Bit stressful when you are really not sure what your major client is up to and you know you are deliberately being left out of the loop. At least we can claim "plausible deniability".
- The girls went to the Senior Formal - the theme this year as Masquerade - Bec's friends hired a Hummer limo and had a great afternoon preparing for the night. Emi went too - she and her friend Elissa had spent many afternoons shopping for the "perfect" dress and Em made an elaborate mask.
- Our house has been sold and we are about to pack and moved again - we have accumulated a lot of junk in the 5 years we have been here. so its clean out time.
I'll be back later with the pictorial version...
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Looking at my gorgeous children (and I count Sarah as one of them) last night, I feel privileged to be their mother.
Friday, May 1, 2009
We have spent a large amount of time trying to sort out MIL's house - and it still doesn't look like we have done anything. We filled a 6m rubbish bin and think we will easily need another one. There is a huge supply of wool, jewel cottton, embroidery thread, lace to find a home for - and boxes of doilies Little Granny made (John's grandmother died at 107!) seems such a waste to throw it away. Hopefully it will be on the market after this weekend.
Bec still splits her life between school, training, working and coaching so enjoyed a bit of a break through the holidays. Sean doesn't seem to do anything much (unless Sarah is around...lol). And Em is in a really happy place most of the time now - and loves her newly cut black hair. We did a trip to the Werribee Zoo - nice day out but was a bit disappointed with the lack of animals - seemed even less than when we were there three years ago.
I am still exhausted and by the time I get home from work don't have the energy to do anything much . Not much scrapping happening - only managed one layout for a recipe challenge
Sarah's mum has now started chemo again - after battling breast cancer last year, mets have been found in her hip - causing it to fracture. Still playing tricks on the kids though - she likes to drop a crutch down the stairs so they all start running. Too many friends are battling cancer, either by living with it or caring for someone who is. Your strength is inspiring.
May is birthday month....
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
The funeral was last Tuesday, with over 150 family members and friends there - she was a well liked woman. This day was also John's 55th birthday - so a hard day for him. After the service and afternoon tea at John Allison all 5 of his children and their partners and his sister and nephew came back to our place and we had a birthday cake to end the day on a positive note. I cannot remember the last time everyone was together for his birthday.
At this stage we are planning on sending her home to Nthn Ireland.
There will be huge amount of work to empty the house and sell it but for now it can wait.
We have now lost 3 parents in 3 years and that is enough!! My father was sick but John's parent's were fit and healthy and both died suddenly.
My mother has been warned - play bowls, go to Tai Chi, babysit your new grandson but more than anything else - enjoy every minute, we want you here for a longtime yet.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I just seem to work and play taxi. I have only managed to do one layout recently.
Bazzill cardstock, Heidi Swapp Masks, chipboard heart and clear bird, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Autumn leaves flower stamp, TLC rub ons, Kaisercraft jewels, Paperdoll letters, Green tara flower, kindy glitz & scrap felt.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
By the way did I tell you - I'm an AUNTIE!!!!!!!!!
Monday, February 9, 2009
There came a day in February
That had us all in shock
A time when the south east of Australia
Was hit by a fiery rock
The country just exploded
Into a huge fireball
And in its path spared nothing
Intent on taking it all
The CFA and others
Were there to fight the fight
And we at home were watching
The devastation and the fright
One cannot imagine
What folks are going through
As they wait for news on loved ones
And the others that they knew
They are always believing
That they will soon be seen
Some are already grieving
Where the hell could they have been?
Sometimes the word is positive
Often it’s not so good
Some have lost a place to live
Where every family should
We pray to God for strength and hope
As they face what lies ahead
How the hell are they going to cope?
So much fear - so much dread.
Australians we know how to fight
As we observe the strife
So dig in deep with all our might
To give them back their life
Monday – 9 February 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Em and her friends have been to Luna Park and had such a fun time. I dropped them off and went into the office to have a cuppa with Euan. They all got matching tattoos and Em was quite disappointed when hers finally washed off.
Bec has been working, training and had a brilliant skating seminar with Jodie Johnson-Garufo - a fantastic coach and former coach of Skate Australia - our World's precision team. Her team has been selected to skate for Australia at the Oceania Championships to be held in Melbourne in July.
I managed to get a few layouts done for a cyber crop at Chookscraps
Last Friday I spent the morning in hospital for tests as there were some disturbing signs on my last CT scan and my doctor suspected that I may have cancer - the good news is that all is fine and nothing a few (well quite a few really...) kilos off and a total diet change can't keep under control. I just have to be reviewed every two years now. I have to now get my achilles tendonitis (probably Nintendo-itis) and arthritis under control so I can go back to exercising properly again.
A big happy 40th tomorrow to Jen and a happy 20th to Sean T.