Saturday, April 10, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
A DIY cabbage patch doll pattern - I made one for Kate but from a different pattern with a pre-made head from Cleggs
The patchwork quilt - started in 1978 after I broke up with Mark - wonder what ever happened to him? The colours are quite disgusting and I have no idea why I picked them at the time and I have no idea what I am going to do with it.
The Willow Pattern cloth is a long way from finished - this was started in about 1985. My mother in law worked for Semco and had rooms full of linen, threads and lace and I picked out many pieces along the way which I used to do on the train trip to and from work.
The basket was like a time capsule. I loved fine embroidery and have done many pieces over the years - even finishing a tablecloth my mother started before she got married in 1954. My hands can no longer hold a needle for any length of time so I can't see these being finished.
I didn't find that pattern bag.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Bec is excited as she is now accepted for Deakin University. She will be doing Bachelor of Environmental Science (Enviromental Management).
Sarah has been accepted for Bachelor of Science at Monash.
It's been a big and exciting week for the girls!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Going back to work was fun - 40+C and I don't have airconditioning in my office and my old computer hates even warm days. Luckily as the place (1900's terrace house) had been closed up the heat didn't really hit straight away. Boss has airco in his office...
Yesterday I went and saw Avatar with John and the girls - I can't remember the last time John and I were at the movies together. Em was seeing it for the second time - and Bec the third!
I have also done about 50 pages for the albums given to the kids at Southern Cross Kids Camps. Seems a lot but when each album needs 20 pages heaps more are needed. If you can help, the details are in an ealier post.
Tomorrow will be an exciting, although very scarey day for Emily as she starts her course in Animal Welfare at the RSPCA. We are hoping it is a great experience for her.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
I've made something, after last year's lack of creativity - who could have imagined that!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
It is time for me to start making pages for the Southern Cross Kids Camps again. Usually I do these before Christmas but as there were so many generous scrappers out there Julie had enough pages for the first couple of camps. But now its time for action! These pages are 6 x 6 - and really simple. A spot for a photo, room for some writing - very little decoration. See the above link for more details.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
- I farewelled my mother in law Bessie, and Sarah's mother Toni, Lydia and Jen - and I miss them all
- We emptied my MIL's house
- We moved house after 5 years - packing and moving 2 houses in one year - not recommended.
- Em tried to return to her old school
- Em said goodbye to Molly and Nat, her rats
- My income reduced - but my blood pressure hasn't!
- My creative mojo went missing
- We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary
- Bec represented Australia at the Oceania Championships
- Emily and Bec went to the school formal
- We LOVE the new house (and I love that over 20 cubic metres of rubbish didn't come with us)
- Em turned 16 - and now has Abi and Ziva the rats
- Bec and Sarah both turned 18 - and neither have their P's yet even though they both have cars!
- Sean turned 20 - and now has a new car to play with
- Em completed year 9 and is much happier thanks to Alison
- Bec passed her VCE and is wants to go to Deakin University
- Sarah passed her VCE too and wants to do a science degree at Melbourne Uni
- Sean has almost completed his course.
- Em has been accepted into a Cert II in Animal Studies at Victoria University - this will be done at the RSPCA in Burwood.
- We have a new nephew - Lachlan
- John now has 3 grandchildren with the addition of Arabella and Emma and appreciated Kate's comment on what a lovely big family we now have at our Christmas gathering - and is so happy their relationship is now so good.
And for me - most of the time just taking life a day at a time was about all I could manage.....
Let's see what 2010 has in store for us.