Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend reflections...

I have been away at Mount Martha for a couple of days for meetings and fellowship and feel spiritually refreshed.

A slight challenge on Saturday when we confirmed that there were no caterers booked for dinner. I did a quick trip to the supermarket and within half an hour dinner for 40 was organised. Everyone enjoyed it far more that the catered meal last year - and the bonus was that it cost heaps less. Roast chicken, pasta salad, coleslaw, tossed salad, baked potatoes, hot bread rolls (we had 2 large catering ovens so it made it very easy) - and enough cold chicken left to contribute to our lunch on Sunday. I had also donated a box of handmade Christmas cards and sold around 30 of them. Can't wait until next year.

Might have been nice to come home to a clean kitchen...but then my front verandah had been tidied and I could get past the boxes at the front door so I can't have everything.

Only 1 more BAS to do and I have finished for another quarter YAY!!!!


2 comments:

connie said...

WOW karen i didnt know you had a blog.....
will be popping by from now on for sure!!

Connie...xxx

claire e. said...

Hi Karen, I enjoyed reading your blogg and seeing the pic's you've chosen to include, the baking looks great! Wishing you and your little family (minus rats, I can't do rats dear...) a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Thanks for being you!!
Love from Claire xx