Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Where is April going......

I can't believe it is the 22nd already - this month is really flying. And I haven't posted for nearly 2 weeks so you'd better grab a coffee.
Bec's had another skating competition (but not done as well as she had hoped) and is studying hard. Sean is doing well at TAFE but not having the same luck with his car. It was broken into out the front of our place - they only took some coins he had in a hidden compartment leaving huge quantities of CD's and other things in the car. We have noticed 2 other cars in the street have been broken into since them - they always go in through the drivers door and leave it ajar. Today he had the valve caps stolen from his tyres. Em is still loving her school and is off to Yea again next week.
Survivor competition finished this week our last 2 layouts were to convert our 6 x 12 from the previous week into a 12 x 12 and to do a layout on mothers using no photographs.

The winners were announced on Sunday and I didn't place but had a great time.

Wendy dropped in for a coffee on Friday - it was lovely to see her. Friday doesn't quite seem the same without having a coffee and chat with her.

Emily and I cybercropped on the weekend. I only got one layout done - a blind crop - very strange working with instructions and no idea what the end result will be. Em had to do a layout about me.



Sunday Em and I dusted off the bikes, attached the rack and drove to Chelsea Park. We then rode to Patterson Lakes via the bike track through the wetlands, along the river bank then stopped at my mother for a drink (and to give the poor body a bit of a break) the rode back again. I haven't been out on my bike for nearly 18 months so I was happy that I survived. Could be the gel seat I have - poor Em wasn't so lucky so I think I had better get her one too.
Today it is Sarah's (Sean's girlfriend) mum, Toni's birthday so sent Sean over tonight with a card and he bought her some flowers. She was supposed to start chemo tomorrow but it has been postponed as she hasn't healed as well hoped from surgery. We are praying for a full recovery.


All done for now, congratulations if you made it through!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on your LO's - I really love your 'Mother' one. Well done on the bike ride too, it's been quite a few years since I've travelled that track (probably 15 at least ! LOL)

Jac said...

LoL if I did that ride again I'd not make it - barely did last time but I was pregnant lol

great layouts and love the card - sorry tyou didn't win butyou have the ASR at SA you can win still.

Karen said...

Great LO's Karen and Em..love the card....
Can't remember the last time I got on a bike....

wendy treseder said...

Scrapping blind sounds like fun! The LO's look fantastic.

I admire you for going out on your bike. Mine is covered in cobwebs and has been for years!lol You could have stopped by here for a break too.

That card is stunning. Your signature flowers created to perfection.
Take care
Wx

Ginny said...

love love LOVE Tonis card..and the poem on your Mother card is TRULY beautiful...well done..the blind crop sounded like fun..but not the bike ride...lol

Vesna said...

Hi Karen,

Love the Lo's and the card is fabbo.

I don't even own a bike .....lol.

Vesna
x

Anonymous said...

OMG that card is stunning Karen. Also good on you for riding the bike gosh my butt couldn't have enough gel under it to entice it anywhere near a seat like that thanks very much. Well done though, I bet you felt good afterwards. Take care darl, I really want to catch up and do a coffee one Friday, touch wood that now I am feeling a bit normal we might be able to organize that what do you think? Hugs Jen B. xxxxx