Sunday, January 13, 2008

My holidays are over :( ...

I can't believe I am back to work tomorrow. It was very strange to be at home for the holidays. The only good thing was that I was home for the big sale at Paperdoll and actually got to go to coffee morning on Thursday. It was a special week with both Merle and Vesna's birthdays. Glad your dog is improving Merle. Vesna's car was sitting inconspicuously in the car park - very difficult when it is bright pink! I rarely get there on a Thursday so it was great to catch up with everyone. I even got most of a layout put together - might even finish it tonight and post it. Then it was off to the vet with Molly - the rat - who sounded wheezy and rattly. $58 later she has had a shot of antibiotics and Em has to give her antibiotic liquid twice a day for a couple of weeks.

Early Friday morning John and I drove up to Mulwala - not as good as our usual 2 weeks up there but better than not getting up there at all this year. Our favourite band - The Kamis ( -was playing at the water ski club so we left the kids at home for a couple of days and booked into an executive suite at Club Muwala (the services club). We have been members there for about 20 years. The show band is made up of 6 siblings - 2 sister and 4 brothers from Tonga and they have the room jumping. The ski club was packed.
The view from our spa room wasn't too bad:
During the afternoon there was a massive dust storm which covered the lake - we found out later that there had been a tornado at Nagambie and the dust and gale force winds we had were caused by it.
The sunrise is always spectacular.
Now I am over the other side of the bridge at the pool - can you see my room and the people skiing??
Whoops close up time - second room from the left upstairs!We always hate leaving the lake - we have been going there for so many years now. With the short time we were there this year (and various injuries) the golf clubs were left at home. Maybe next year.

The kids coped on their own fairly well - Em rang at 11.20pm on Friday to say hello, at 6pm Saturday to find out what I was doing for tea and at 12.30am this morning because there was a spider in her room (a big ferocious daddy long legs!) She has done a good job of playing nurse to Molly, who seems to be much better. Bec worked 2 of the days and Sean came home to sleep! I've come home to clean up.
Back to the grind tomorrow.
K x


Leeanne O'C said...

Holidays wizz by way to fast don't they?? Sounds like you had a nice time in Mulwala even if it was only for a few days. It's a great part of the world up there. We love it too.

C u soon hopefully


leeanne x

Jac said...

So Glad you got away for a couple of days. It looks like a wonderful spot to relax.